Located at the crossroads of the Chugoku-Shikoku region, Okayama is a crucial point of the expansive transportation network that covers western Japan (from Kansai to Kyushu).
Known for clear skies and a virtual lack of natural disasters, Okayama is an ideal place to hold conventions any time of year. The city continues to capitalize on these advantages to build itself up as a convention city, creating many facilities suited for conventions near JR Okayama Station. In addition, the Okayama Visitors & Convention Association provides full support for all stages of conventions, from consultation during convention preparation to a raft of options that incorporate the entire region during and after conventions.
Okayama Airport→Okayama Station：Limousine bus (about 30 min.)
Tokyo Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 205 min.)
Shin-Osaka Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 45 min.)
Hakata Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 100 min.)
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
• Subsidy Programs
For various conventions held within Okayama city limits:
Up to 2.5 million yen (basic subsidy plus supplement for international conferences) for events that result in at least 50 hotel-room nights by participants from outside Okayama Prefecture.
For childcare services:
Up to 50,000 yen for convention organizers who offer free childcare services during their conventions in an effort to promote participation by people who are raising young children.
For local entertainment and other attractions:
Up to 50,000 yen for local entertainment from Okayama provided as an attraction during conventions.
2. Other Support Services
• Providing introductory information about Okayama (Languages: English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, French, Thai)
• Providing images and videos (DVDs) for tourism PR (Languages: English, Chinese, Korean)
• Preparing written proposals for potential venues
• Reception for preliminary visits to Okayama by the organizers of conventions of a certain size, with subsidies for travel expenses also available
• Introducing PCOs, travel agencies and other affiliated companies
• Introducing attractions
• Arranging tourism volunteers
• Communicating and coordinating with administrative bodies (requesting the nominal support of the municipal government, greetings from the mayor)
• Setting up welcome signs, etc.
• Arranging convention tourism buses
• Providing convention bags (paper, plastic) free of charge
• Support for PR by distributing brochures, posting posters at tourist information centers, etc.
• Links to the Okayama Visitors & Convention Association website
• Suggesting and managing excursion plans
• Introducing and arranging recommended souvenirs
* To receive the support, events must satisfy certain criteria for size, etc.
Twilight scenery of the Seto Inland Sea
Dressing up in full armor inside Okayama-jo Castle
Okayama Visitors & Convention Association
Conferences, receptions and large-scale events can be held at Kakumei-kan Guest House in Korakuen...
Hold receptions (night-time only) at this museum built on the site of the secondary enclosure of ...
Enjoy the delicious cuisine and sake from this local sake brewery. Tours of the Japanese sake, be...
Okayama Convention Center is situated in the center of western Japan' s transportation network. W...
The Okayama Symphony Hall is equipped with a large hall which can accommodate 2001 people, an eve...
Okayama Civic Hall is a multipurpose hall opened in 1963. It has 1,718 seats in the great hall an...
The Okayama International Center has an InternationalConference Hall with interpretation equipmen...