A highland city (Elevation: 600 m) located in the center of the Japanese archipelago. Each year, it consistently ranks as one of the easiest places to live and most desirable tourist destinations. Matsumoto’s simultaneously relaxing and invigorating setting has both beautiful and endearing nature and comprehensive convention facilities. The Matsumoto Tourism & Convention Association coordinates facilities, people and information for conventions held in Matsumoto, and our support and cooperation throughout all stages from coordination to production helps organizers realize successful conventions.
Sapporo Shinchitose Airport→Matsumoto Airport：about 1 hr. 45 min.
Fukuoka Airport→Matsumoto Airport：about 1 hr. 25 min.
Shinjuku Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Chuo Main Line (150 min.)
Nagoya Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Chuo Saisen Line (120 min.)
Osaka Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Tokaido Shinkansen, Chuo Saisen Line (190 min.)
Tokyo→Matsumoto：Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (160 min.)
Nagoya→Matsumoto：Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (150 min.)
Osaka→Matsumoto：Meishin Expressway, Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (270 min.)
1. Issuing complimentary tickets to 14 tourist attractions in the city, including Matsumoto-jo Castle
2. Setting up welcome signage in Matsumoto Station’s walkways
3. Providing tourism pamphlets
4. Providing convention bags
5. Support for bus transportation throughout the city
* Number of available buses varies by season
6. Support for preliminary inspections by conference organizers
7. Assistance with the process of applying for and receiving Matsumoto City Convention Promotion Business subsidies
* For academic conferences and conventions (excluding sports tournaments/events) held at conference facilities within city limits and expected to result in at least 100 hotel-room nights at lodging facilities within city limits Up to 1.5 million yen (1,000 yen/participant staying in lodging)
8. Assistance with early reservation procedures for convention venues
9. Introducing and arranging attractions/excursions
10. Assistance with press releases
11. Arranging local specialty product shops
Enjoy a stroll in Kamikochi with a view of the Northern Alps
There are many hot springs from the outskirts of Matsumoto to the Kamikochi area
The irresistible Japanese hometown feel is a trademark of the Shinshu region.
Designated as a National Treasure of Japan, the Matsumoto Castle offers locations to arrange tea ...
Enjoy a party in the studio in the Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre, home of the Seiji Ozawa ...