Located in the northwest part of the Kanto Plain, the capital of Gunma Prefecture is known as the “City of Water, Greenery and Poetry.” Maebashi is surrounded with an abundance of nature; it is guarded to the north by Mt. Akagi-san, one of the 100 most celebrated mountains in Japan, and through it flows the Tone-gawa River, which drains the largest watershed in the country. The city offers many convention facilities large and small, and hosts a variety of seminars, conferences, sports tournaments and other conventions, solidifying its role as an international meeting tourism city.
Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)→Maebashi Station：(about 100 min.)
Narita International Airport→Maebashi Station：(about 120 min.)
Tokyo Station→Maebashi Station：(JR Joetsu / Hokuriku Shinkansen, about 50 min.) ⇒ Takasaki Station ⇒ (Ryomo Line, about 15 min) ⇒Maebashi Station
Ueno Station→Maebashi Station：(JR Takasaki Line, about 2 hours) ⇒ Takasaki Station ⇒ (Ryomo Line, about 15 min) ⇒ Maebashi Station
Asakusa Station→Chuo Maebashi Station：(Tobu Limited Express Ryomo, about 2 hours) ⇒ Akagi Station ⇒ (Jomo Railway, about 38 min.) ⇒ Chuo Maebashi Station
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
Maebashi Convention & Visitors Bureau: Promotion subsidy program
Conventions held within city limits for which a considerable amount of accommodation within city limits will be required:
● National and larger events
•Limited to conventions expected to draw at least 100 participants from throughout Japan (national events), or 50 participants from outside Japan (international conferences)
•Applications for subsidies must be submitted by September 30 of the fiscal year before the event.
* Maximum subsidy: 1 million yen
3,000 yen/foreign nonresident of Japan + 1,000 yen/nonresident of Gunma Prefecture
1,000 yen/nonresident of Gunma Prefecture
● Kanto regional and larger
•Kanto regional and larger conventions for which MCVB provides support.
•Applications for subsidies must be submitted by March 31 of the fiscal year before the event.
* Maximum subsidy: 500,000 yen
500 yen/nonresident of Gunma Prefecture
* Please inquire for details about further conditions.
2. Other Support Services
● Providing tourism maps, food tour maps, convention bags
● Setting up welcome flags/horizontal banners, lending long banners
● Arranging exhibits of local product vending
● Introducing attractions (local entertainment)
● Reception for preliminary visits, introducing PCOs, travel agencies and other Maebashi companies involved in conventions
* Numbers of participants, event scale and other requirements exist in some cases.
Lake Onuma atop Mt. Akagi-san
Walking through Sanden Forest
The main building is a sukiya-style structure built in 1884 as an imperial guesthouse. The annex ...
Maintained, preserved and managed by the municipal government. The warehouse serves as a multipur...
With a total floor space of 60, 302㎡, a maximum capacity of 20,000 people, and 6 stories high wi...
The Maebashi Terrsa is a 12 story facility equipped with a multipurpose hall, banquet hall, a bas...