Located in the center of Kyushu, Kumamoto is a city of history and culture with abundant nature.
Kumamoto continues to develop as an administrative, economic, cultural, medical and educational hub for the region. With a compact cluster of lodging facilities, convention facilities and shopping districts, access to the completed Kyushu Shinkansen since 2011 and a full transition to an ordinance-designated city in 2012, Kumamoto is continuing its transformation into an ever more appealing international city. Kumamoto-jo Castle is the city’s crown jewel, standing proudly despite suffering heavy damage during the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes. With restoration work currently underway, the castle’s appearance changes daily, offering truly unique views of its striking figure. Kumamoto welcomes all visitors to enjoy the city’s history, traditions, local cuisine and other elements of hospitality.
Aso Kumamoto Airport→Kumamoto Bus Terminal (Kumamoto city center)/Kumamoto Station：Airport shuttle bus (about 50 min./about 1 hr.)
Hakata Station→Kumamoto Station：Shinkansen (33 min.)
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
◆ Up to 1 million yen for conventions
Requirements: Kyushu regional or larger academic conferences, seminars, symposiums, conferences and other conventions that draw at least 30 participants from outside Kumamoto Prefecture and result in at least 30 hotel-room nights within Kumamoto city limits.
Amounts: Determined according to the size and nature of the conference.
* Events held solely for the employees of a single corporation (including group companies), sports tournaments and contests, class reunions and the like are not eligible for subsidies.
* Subsidies are offered for up to 20% of total event expenses.
* A special additional subsidy of up to 1 million yen is available under special circumstances, such as when there is competition with other potential host cities.
* Registers of participants and documents issued by lodging facilities that certify the total number of hotel-room nights must be submitted along with completion reports.
Subsidies also exist for performances of local performing arts, bus transportation and the like.
Applications must be submitted at least one month in advance, so contact KICB soon.
2. Other Support Services
● Displaying welcome signs and magnets on taxis
Depending on the size of the event, KICB displays welcome signs at the main venue, Kumamoto Airport and JR Kumamoto Station free of charge, and magnet sheets on 500 Kumamoto City taxis free of charge.
● Lending equipment for Kumamoto PR
•Horizontal welcome banners (Languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese)
•Vertical welcome banners (Languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese)
* Poles for banners are also available for rental
•Kumamoto PR happi coats
•Kumamoto introduction DVDs (Subtitle languages: English, Korean, Chinese)
● Introducing volunteers (interpreters, tour guides, operational support, Japanese culture)
* 2,000 yen/volunteer is required for transportation fees.
● Selling of convention bags: 100 yen/bag
● Providing various pamphlets (Languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese)
● Providing tourist attraction image data
● Introducing souvenirs and commemorative gifts
Guides lead visitors to the famous sights of Kumamoto
Various hands-on experiences are available to try
* Reservations are required. Please inquire about foreign language services.
* Contents are subject to change.
For details, please contact the Kumamoto International Convention and Tourism Bureau.
Kumamoto International Convention and Tourism Bureau
Enjoy the local Kumamoto delicacies at the foot of Kumamoto Castle! Our facility features a multi...
Lord Hosokawa Tadatoshi began construction of this garden park in 1636 as a tea retreat. It is an...
Kumamoto City International Center is located near Kumamoto castle, the Kotsu center bus terminal...
Kumamoto Shintoshin Plaza is composed of many facilities such as the Tourism & Local Information ...
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205