The opening of Nagasaki’s ports in 1570 ushered in international exchange that continues to shape the city with a diverse array of traditions and cultures.
Nurtured by this history, and home to countless cosmopolitan tourism resources such as Glover Garden, a World Heritage site at the former Glover Residence, Nagasaki is an international tourism city beloved throughout the world as a city of history and romance.
Outdoor parties can be held at unique venues against the background of the city’s famous night views, recognized as one of the top three in the world. In this and other ways, NITCA works hard to accommodate the high hopes of event organizers, helping Nagasaki become an even more attractive convention city.
Nagasaki Airport→Nagasaki City：Highway express bus (about 35 min.)
Fukuoka Airport→Nagasaki City：Highway express bus (about 2 hr. 10 min.)
Hakata Station→Nagasaki Station：JR Express (1 hr. 50 min.)
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
* Please check for the most up-to-date information.
● For cultural and academic conventions (For Kyushu regional and larger conventions, with only half-subsidies available for conventions with a rotation of host cities that includes Nagasaki)
Financial support is offered for conventions held within Nagasaki city limits according to the total number of hotel-room nights within city limits.
At least 200 participants: 200,000 yen
At least 300 participants: 300,000 yen
At least 500 participants: 500,000 yen
At least 1,000 participants: 1 million yen
At least 1,500 participants: 1.5 million yen
At least 2,000 participants: 2 million yen
At least 3,000 participants: 3 million yen
Financial support is offered for attractions scheduled as part of conventions according to the total number of hotel-room nights within city limits.
At least 1,000 hotel-room nights: 50,000 yen
At least 2,000 hotel-room nights: 100,000 yen
2. Other Support Services
● Providing various materials
NITCA provides enough materials for the number of participants free of charge to organizers of conventions held within Nagasaki city limits. Tourism pamphlets are available in English, Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese.
•Envelopes for materials (240 mm x 332 mm)
● Posting welcome signs on the sides of streetcars (conventions that result in at least 1,000 hotel-room nights) at the ticket gates at JR Nagasaki Station (conventions that result in at least 500 hotel-room nights) and at Nagasaki Airport.
● Providing flyers for convention PR and lending tourism materials NITCA provides flyers for PR for conventions held in Nagasaki (for distribution outside the city), and lends tourism photos and videos
● Introducing and arranging attractions NITCA introduces and arranges ryu-odori (Dragon dancing) and other attractions that exhibit the characteristics of Nagasaki
● Introducing businesses that specialize in organizing conventions NITCA introduces event planners and managers, printers and advertisers, lodging facilities, travel agencies, souvenir shops and other specialized businesses
Hashima Island (Gunkanjima)
Get around Nagasaki City on Japan’s cheapest streetcar (flat 120-yen fare), which can also be chartered for private events. Tour sites that played an important role in Japan’s Meiji Industrial Revolution (registered as World Heritage sites in 2015), as well as sites related to the Christian church that are up for registration as World Heritage sites in 2018. Try shippoku-ryori fusion cuisine, fucha-ryori Chinese-style vegetarian cuisine and other distinct flavors of Nagasaki as well as hands-on experiences making castella sponge cake and champon noodle dishes.
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205