Located at the crossroads of the Chugoku-Shikoku region, Okayama is a crucial point of the expansive transportation network that covers western Japan (from Kansai to Kyushu).
Known for clear skies and a virtual lack of natural disasters, Okayama is an ideal place to hold conventions any time of year. The city continues to capitalize on these advantages to build itself up as a convention city, creating many facilities suited for conventions near JR Okayama Station. In addition, the Okayama Visitors & Convention Association provides full support for all stages of conventions, from consultation during convention preparation to a raft of options that incorporate the entire region during and after conventions.
Okayama Airport→Okayama Station：Limousine bus (about 30 min.)
Tokyo Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 205 min.)
Shin-Osaka Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 45 min.)
Hakata Station→Okayama Station：Shinkansen (about 100 min.)
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
• Subsidy Programs
For various conventions held within Okayama city limits:
Up to 2.5 million yen (basic subsidy plus supplement for international conferences) for events that result in at least 50 hotel-room nights by participants from outside Okayama Prefecture.
For childcare services:
Up to 50,000 yen for convention organizers who offer free childcare services during their conventions in an effort to promote participation by people who are raising young children.
For local entertainment and other attractions:
Up to 50,000 yen for local entertainment from Okayama provided as an attraction during conventions.
2. Other Support Services
• Providing introductory information about Okayama (Languages: English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, French, Thai)
• Providing images and videos (DVDs) for tourism PR (Languages: English, Chinese, Korean)
• Preparing written proposals for potential venues
• Reception for preliminary visits to Okayama by the organizers of conventions of a certain size, with subsidies for travel expenses also available
• Introducing PCOs, travel agencies and other affiliated companies
• Introducing attractions
• Arranging tourism volunteers
• Communicating and coordinating with administrative bodies (requesting the nominal support of the municipal government, greetings from the mayor)
• Setting up welcome signs, etc.
• Arranging convention tourism buses
• Providing convention bags (paper, plastic) free of charge
• Support for PR by distributing brochures, posting posters at tourist information centers, etc.
• Links to the Okayama Visitors & Convention Association website
• Suggesting and managing excursion plans
• Introducing and arranging recommended souvenirs
* To receive the support, events must satisfy certain criteria for size, etc.
Twilight scenery of the Seto Inland Sea
Dressing up in full armor inside Okayama-jo Castle
Okayama Visitors & Convention Association
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205