Kushiro is a port city located on the Pacific coast in eastern Hokkaido, and boasts an abundance of fishery resources as well as distinct, world-class natural resources. Kushiro Marshland National Park is home to tancho red-crowned cranes, a protected species in Japan, and nearby Akan Mashu National Park features round marimo moss balls.
With a daily mean temperature of 22.9°C in August, the city is a cool, comfortable place to escape the summer heat, and the number of sports camps, university seminars and long term visitors has only increased in recent years.
The cluster of MICE facilities, hotels and shopping districts in the downtown area makes Kushiro a great place to hold a compact MICE.
Kushiro Airport→Downtown Kushiro City：Bus (about 60 min.)
JR Sapporo Station→JR Kushiro Station：Limited express (6 round trips per day/about 4 hr.)
Convention Organization/Hosting Support Program
Conditions for international conventions:
(1) Maximum 1 million yen, (2) At least 2 participating countries (including Japan), (3) At least 10 participants from outside Japan, (4) 500 yen per Japan-based participant, 5,000 yen per participant from outside Japan
Conditions for Japanese conventions:
(1) Maximum 1 million yen, (2) At least 50 participants staying in Kushiro, (3) 500 yen/participant
Note that financial support for attractions, excursions, transportation and printing can be applied in addition to these maximum amounts.
* Please inquire about further conditions.
1. Receiving and coordinating preliminary visits to conference venues and lodging facilities
2. Providing informational tools to help with preparation
“MICE in Kushiro” pamphlet, tourism pamphlets, “MICE in Kushiro” DVDs (MICE facilities (10 min), After MICE (9 min), Kushiro Cuisine in Pictures (7 min))
3. Proposing/introducing attractions, after MICE options
4. Introducing/making arrangements with businesses involved in MICE
1. Establishing/loaning welcome tools
•Welcome banners and stands (roll screens)
•Original folded-paper cranes
2. Kushiro Marshland diorama exhibits
3. Setting up areas to sell products/provide tourism information
4. Tsuru-no-Ongaeshi stamp cards at Kushiro Fisherman’s Wharf MOO
5. Convention bags (extra fee)
6. Cooperating with communication with the mayor/PR with media outlets
Canoeing on the Kushirogawa River
Indigenous Ainu ancient folk dancing
The Kushiro Tourism & International Relations Center is equipped with a flat floor and movable pa...
The Kushiro City Lifelong Learning Center, opened in 1992 and also known as "Manabotto Nusamai," ...
Kushiro City Exchange Plaza Saiwai was established with the aim of encouraging residents' learnin...
The Marimukan is a 480 capacity conference center located by Lake Akan in the North of Kushiro. T...
The expansive scenery of the national park combines with the coastal scenery of the North Pacific...
With a beautiful atrium lobby, a large banquet hall, and spacious guestrooms, ANA Crowne Plaza H...
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205