The Iseshima region is home to Ise-Shima National Park, which was the first area to be designated a national park following WWII. It is one of Japan’s leading tourist destinations, with tourist facilities and places of historic interest at every turn, including Ise-jingu Grand Shrine, which draws over 8 million visitors per year. Ago Bay features 60 islands of varying size, and its jagged coastline harbors an abundance of marine produce that has been presented as offerings at the grand shrine and the Imperial Court as far back as 2,000 years. The bounty is so great that this region was referred to as the “land of divine offerings” in the poems of the famous Man’yoshu.
The G7 Ise-Shima Summit in 2016 revealed the appeal of the area to the entire world.
For MICE packed with originality, look no further than the colorful mix of nature, history and tradition of Iseshima.
Chubu Centrair International Airport→Kintetsu Kashikojima Station：(High-speed boat) ⇒ JR or Kintetsu Tsu Station ⇒ (Kintetsu Limited Express or JR Rapid Mie) ⇒ JR or Kintetsu Iseshi Station ⇒ (Kintetsu Limited Express or JR Rapid Mie) ⇒ JR or Kintetsu Toba Station ⇒ (Kintetsu Limited Express) ⇒ Kintetsu Kashikojima Station [2 hr. 10 min.]
JR or Kintetsu Nagoya Station→Kintetsu Kashikojima Station：(Kintetsu Limited Express or JR Rapid Mie) ⇒ JR or Kintetsu Iseshi Station ⇒ (Kintetsu Limited Express or JR Rapid Mie) ⇒ JR or Kintetsu Toba Station ⇒ (Kintetsu Limited Express) ⇒ Kintetsu Kashikojima Station [2 hr. 5 min.]
1. Financial Assistance (Subsidy Program) for Conventions
The following subsidies depend on the number of participants and other factors;please contact ITCO for details.
• 50,000 yen for 1-day events/100,000 yen for 2-day events that draw 100-299 participants
• 100,000 yen for 1-day events/200,000 yen for 2-day events that draw 300-699 participants
• 150,000 yen for 1-day events/300,000 yen for 2-day events that draw 700-1,999 participants
• 200,000 yen for 1-day events/400,000 yen for 2-day events that draw at least 2,000 participants
2. Other Support Services
• Providing materials, receiving and making recommendations for preliminary visits
• Introducing relevant facilities and businesses
• Communicating and coordinating with facilities and administrative entities
• Promotion and advertising to media outlets, etc.
• Displaying welcome signs (up to 2 signs)
• Introducing tourist attractions, local products
• Introducing local performing arts, volunteer guides
• Providing ITCO tourism pamphlets
An ama diver in Ise-Shima
Meotoiwa: A pair of rocks, one large, one small
Theme parks, aquariums and other tourist facilities provide a wealth of distinct options for events.
Take advantage of these and other ideas for events combined with MICE programs.
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205