A highland city (Elevation: 600 m) located in the center of the Japanese archipelago. Each year, it consistently ranks as one of the easiest places to live and most desirable tourist destinations. Matsumoto’s simultaneously relaxing and invigorating setting has both beautiful and endearing nature and comprehensive convention facilities. The Matsumoto Tourism & Convention Association coordinates facilities, people and information for conventions held in Matsumoto, and our support and cooperation throughout all stages from coordination to production helps organizers realize successful conventions.
Sapporo Shinchitose Airport→Matsumoto Airport：about 1 hr. 45 min.
Fukuoka Airport→Matsumoto Airport：about 1 hr. 25 min.
Shinjuku Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Chuo Main Line (150 min.)
Nagoya Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Chuo Saisen Line (120 min.)
Osaka Station→Matsumoto Station：JR Tokaido Shinkansen, Chuo Saisen Line (190 min.)
Tokyo→Matsumoto：Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (160 min.)
Nagoya→Matsumoto：Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (150 min.)
Osaka→Matsumoto：Meishin Expressway, Chuo Expressway & Nagano Expressway (270 min.)
1. Issuing complimentary tickets to 14 tourist attractions in the city, including Matsumoto-jo Castle
2. Setting up welcome signage in Matsumoto Station’s walkways
3. Providing tourism pamphlets
4. Providing convention bags
5. Support for bus transportation throughout the city
* Number of available buses varies by season
6. Support for preliminary inspections by conference organizers
7. Assistance with the process of applying for and receiving Matsumoto City Convention Promotion Business subsidies
* For academic conferences and conventions (excluding sports tournaments/events) held at conference facilities within city limits and expected to result in at least 100 hotel-room nights at lodging facilities within city limits Up to 1.5 million yen (1,000 yen/participant staying in lodging)
8. Assistance with early reservation procedures for convention venues
9. Introducing and arranging attractions/excursions
10. Assistance with press releases
11. Arranging local specialty product shops
Enjoy a stroll in Kamikochi with a view of the Northern Alps
There are many hot springs from the outskirts of Matsumoto to the Kamikochi area
The irresistible Japanese hometown feel is a trademark of the Shinshu region.
Designated as a National Treasure of Japan, the Matsumoto Castle offers locations to arrange tea ...
Enjoy a party in the studio in the Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre, home of the Seiji Ozawa ...
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205