Known centuries ago as the Kaga domain castle town that produced 150 million kg of rice, Kanazawa contains countless areas that still exhibit the feel of feudal Japan, including Kenrokuen Garden, Kanazawa Castle, the Nagamachi samurai district and three Chaya districts. In addition to this rich history, tourist attractions such as the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa and the Omicho Market and Kanazawa’s food culture and traditional performing arts await convention participants.
The opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen in March 2015 trimmed the travel time from Tokyo to roughly 2 hours 30 minutes, and travelers can reach Osaka and Nagoya in the same amount of time.
Kanazawa promises to greet your event with its spirit of hospitality as well as convention subsidy programs and a variety of other options for assistance.
Komatsu Airport→Kanazawa Station：Limousine bus (about 40 min.)
Tokyo Station→Kanazawa Station：Hokuriku Shinkansen Kagayaki (about 2 hr. 30 min.)
Osaka Station→Kanazawa Station：Limited Express Thunderbird (about 2 hr. 30 min.)
Nagoya Station→Kanazawa Station：(Tokaido Shinkansen Hikari) ⇒ Maibara ⇒ (Limited Express Shirasagi) ⇒ Kanazawa Station[about 2 hr. 30 min.
1. Subsidy Programs for Conventions
For participants who are nonresidents of Ishikawa Prefecture:
International academic conferences: Up to 10.5 million yen
National academic conferences: Up to 6 million yen
2 years of interest-free loans of up to 1-3 million yen for up to 20% of event expenses
• For shuttle bus fees
Up to 1.5 million yen between Ishikawa Prefecture and Kanazawa City to cover the cost of shuttle bus transportation between multiple venues of academic conferences of at least 1,000 participants.
• For travel expenses for preliminary visits within Ishikawa Prefecture
30,000 yen/person for the lodging/travel expenses for up to 2 event organizers on preliminary visits within Ishikawa Prefecture to consider Ishikawa as a potential location for the event, before the event’s location has been finalized
• For promoting MICE in Kanazawa
A subsidy for MICE at primary venues within Kanazawa city limits.
(i) Up to 300,000 yen for 2/3 of eligible expenses for traditional Kanazawa performing arts at receptions, etc.
(ii) Up to 200,000 yen for up to 2/3 of eligible expenses for Kanazawa craft tourism (tours and hands-on experiences with traditional Kanazawa culture at studios/industrial arts facilities within Kanazawa city limits)
(iii) Up to 300,000 yen for up to half of eligible expenses for arranging simultaneous interpreters
2. Other Support Services
• Proposing/introducing and reserving venues and facilities
• Preparing written proposals for potential venues
• Reception for preliminary visits (subsidy for travel expenses for preliminary visits within Ishikawa Prefecture)
• Support for applying for convention subsidies and other assistance programs
• Providing introductory information about Kanazawa (Languages: English, French, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai, Italian, Spanish)
• Providing images and videos (DVDs)
• Introducing PCOs, travel agencies
• Suggesting attractions (subsidy for promoting MICE in Kanazawa)
• Arranging volunteers (volunteer tour guides who speak and understand English)
• Displaying welcome posters in shopping districts in Kanazawa
• Displaying digital welcome signage at JR Kanazawa Station and Komatsu Airport
• Displaying welcome stickers on the doors of taxis operating in Kanazawa
• Providing tourism guides with discount coupons for tourism facilities
Hands-on experience making Japanese sweets
Hands-on experience making gold leaf decorations
Kanazawa Craft Tourism
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205