With attractions like the Tokyo Disney Resort, the city of Urayasu certainly looks like a modern, cosmopolitan metropolis, but it also exhibits the feel of ancient Edo cultivated in its rivers and the ocean. With helicopter tours, parties on yakatabune (roofed pleasure boats) and other unique venues, and large-scale hot springs facilities and multipurpose commercial facilities, Urayasu has all the tourism resources to host a variety-filled event.
With its close proximity to Tokyo as well as to Narita and Haneda Airports and a projected 12,000 guestrooms by May 2019, this highly convenient city is a perfect place for conventions.
The Maihama area features Maihama Amphitheater over 14,000 ㎡, several hotels with conference halls over 2,000 ㎡ and is an optimal location for a convention area.
Narita International Airport→Urayasu City：Limousine bus (about 50 min.)
Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)→Urayasu City：Limousine bus (about 30 min.)
1. Financial Assistance for Conventions
Several types of financial assistance are available for MICE.
1. Chiba prefectural subsidy program for international conferences
Japan’s largest subsidy program for international conferences (Maximum: 20 million yen; the prefecture offers up to 10 million yen, and the total can reach up to 20 million yen with subsidies from municipalities)
Events must attract participants from at least 5 countries and last at least 3 days, and must not have a finalized venue, must not be sponsored by national or municipal governments, and must not have political, religious or profit-seeking objectives
2. Chiba municipal subsidy program for international conferences and large-scale conventions
3. Narita municipal subsidy program for conventions
4. Chiba Convention Bureau and International Center grant program for convention hosting
5. Chiba Convention Bureau and International Center reserve fund loan program for convention hosting
6. Chiba Convention Bureau and International Center support program for incentive tours, etc.
* Please contact CCB-IC for details.
2. Other Support Services
● Introductory information about each city (Languages: English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean and others)
● Providing images and videos (DVDs) (Languages: English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean and others)
● Arranging invitation letters for international headquarters, video letters from the governor of Chiba Prefecture
● Providing image data for facilities and tourist attractions in Chiba Prefecture
● Introducing PCOs, travel agencies
● Suggesting traditional performing arts (Japanese taiko drums, Noh theater, koto performances) and attractions
● Arranging volunteers
Knife ceremony at Takabe-jinja Shrine in Minamiboso
Nanso Satomi Hakkenden: Puppet show
Chiba Lotte Marines: M ☆ Splash!!
The Maihama Amphitheater is a multipurpose hall built within the Tokyo Disney Resort.
The Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel is a Marriott group hotel that is equipped with a range of fa...
With an excellent access to the heart of Tokyo, Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel offers an open and relaxin...
Tokyo Bay Maihama Club Resort welcomes you with the concept "Resort MICE" and offers a resort...
Closest to the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland, the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel offers
a grand and lu...
Meet Disney characters amidst the magic of Disney combined with art deco interiors.
Enter your proposal or inquiry.
Our staff will get back to you with the relevant information.
Find the best city for organizing your MICE event in Japan.
Find the perfect venue for your MICE event using our fine search engine.
Browse our booklets, pictures and videos library and find the right tools to help you promote your MICE event in Japan.
Look here for an original venue for your event, a location that is not primarily destined to host a MICE event. Museums, temples, sports venues and more can be adapted to your requirements. Ask us.
A compendium of our best rated cities, taking into account venues, transportation, ease of access, accomodation offer and sustainability, for hosting a MICE event.
(JNTO Head Office)
+81 3 6691 4852
+1 212 757 5640
+44 20 7398 5670
+33 1 4296 2960
Im Young Hong
+82 2 777 8601
+65 6223 8205