- QWhat assistance is offered for meetings by the JNTO?
- AFor association meeting planners, the Japan National Tourism Organization/ Japan Convention Bureau offers a variety of support services. The JNTO provides advice in the preparation and hosting of conferences in Japan, from recommending potential destinations, preparing for the bid creation with local association members, lobbying of key persons, providing promotional material, planning inspection tours and more, all using our extensive domestic and international network.
For corporate meeting planners, the JNTO provides consulting services ranging from assistance in selecting destinations and venues, introducing options for pre and post-meeting trips, and introducing local convention bureaus and supplier networks.
- QWhat assistance can local convention bureaus offer to meeting organizers in Japan?
- ALocal convention bureaus throughout Japan offer a wide range of support for association meetings. They can assist with selecting convention venues, accommodation and activities to be used during meetings. They can also greatly assist in making meetings in their destinations more financially sound by providing subventions, promotional materials, and collaboration with local government and suppliers.
For corporate meeting planners, local convention bureaus in Japan can assist with selecting meeting venues and accommodation, as well as providing thorough information on organizing meetings in their various destinations.
As each local convention bureau offers a distinct set of services, please contact any cities that you are interested in directly. Local convention bureau contacts are listed on city details page:
- QWhat assistance is offered for incentive organizers by the JNTO and local CVBs?
- ABoth the JNTO and local convention bureaus can support incentive planners in selecting destinations that work best for individual programmes, assisting with itinerary creation and potential activities. The JNTO can also assist in planning inspection trips for planners.
- QJapan has a reputation for being expensive – is this true?
- AMeeting in Japan certainly is not more expensive than other destinations around the world. The idea that Japan is exceedingly expensive is an outdated one – long gone are the days where Tokyo was the most expensive city in the world. By consulting the JNTO and local convention bureaus, organizers can gain tips on how to make a meeting or incentive in Japan economical. There are a variety of types of accommodations, restaurants and facilities throughout Japan to suit all budgets. Also, many facilities and hotels offer special rates for meeting and event planners depending on certain conditions, such as the season. The JNTO and local convention bureaus are happy to help organizers find options that work best for each individual meeting or event.
- QWhat DMCs can organizers work with?
- APlease see the following link for a list of DMCs with experience organizing meetings and incentives in Japan.
- QWhat unique activities are available for meeting and incentive organizers in Japan?
- AJapan offers an amazing variety of activities for groups visiting the country. For example, cultural experiences such as tea ceremonies in Japanese gardens, zazen (meditation) in temples, learning a Japanese martial art or technical visits to one of Japan’s world-leading companies are things that can only be experienced in Japan. We have listed some examples of activities on “Things to Do”. More activities will be added in the future, and if you have any questions about specific activities please feel free to contact the JNTO.
Things to Do
Back to top